Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our new house!









Hello everyone! I have been wanting to build this blog for a long time and I am finally getting started. It will be a work in progress as I learn everything I can do with it. As most of you know this past year has been extremely busy for us. We have been building our new home. Mark has done about 70 percent of the work and it is still a work in progress. Hopefully, it will be completed by the time we retire and we are ready for a smaller house. We moved out of our other house in June and into this one in July. My parents were lucky enough to have 6 more people for about 5 weeks. It was very helpful and we are very grateful we had a place to stay. Fortunately, we were able to move our cats into the house before us. We are very pleased with the overall outcome of our house. As amateurs we managed to do the plans by ourselves and Mark did the plumbing, electrical, finish carpentry, hardwood, paint, landscaping, tile, glass blocking in the shower and window of the master bath and much, much more. I know there are things I am forgetting. We did not see him for about 6 months. Now we have the luxury of seeing him as he still finishes some of the final touches. Don't worry. The next additions to our blog will be pictures of the family. I know they are more exciting.

No comments: